Everest Trek is one of the popular treks in Nepal. a lot of hikers have a dream to summit base camp. Here we are suggesting you why Everest trek is not good in august.
As I am a local guide, this is my real experience. I went to the airport for flight towards Lukla regularly for three days and the flight was canceled due to bad weather every day.
The weather of Namche doesn’t remain clear and there are fewer possibilities of rain as we pass through Namche. Even though the atmosphere remains foggy and cloudy most of the time.
Following points are the main reason which explains why Everest base camp trek is not good in offseason.
- The Flight will be canceled most of the time due to bad weather.
- View of mountains cannot be seen much clearly due to cloudy weather.
- Most of the Hotel remains closed because of the offseason. Even open hotels will only provide normal Food like Dhal Bhat and fewer facilities.
- Parasite such as leech may give problems by sucking blood below Namche.
- less visibility due to foggy and cloudy weather.
If you are able to afford then taking Heli is my best suggestion ever, I can give. Heli can fly even in less visibility. So, flying in Heli to Lukla and starting trek can be the best choice.
Local agencies or local guides are much supportive and helpful in giving advice and guiding you. The reason behind it is that they are always connected with local people and give good information about the lodge, weather trial, etc.