Are you planning to do Everest base camp trek without Lukla flight? We are here with 17 days EBC trek without flight. We are excluding Lukla flight to avoid disturbance of uncertain weather change and cancellation of Lukla flight.
Everest base camp trek without Lukla flight is longer trek than the Everest base camp trek with flight. Starting from Kathmandu we will drive to Salleri and to Thandada. The walking for Everest base camp begins from Thandanda. Forest path and uphills takes us to Lukla and the EBC trekking route takes us to Phakding on 3rd day.
The Bank of Dudhkoshi, suspension bridges, monasteries, Chorten, and pine trial takes you to Manjo. You will enter Sagarmatha national park and reach Namche Bazzar after 6 hours walk from Phakding. You can choose Luxury trek depending on your comfort zone. To acclimatize your body you will take a rest in Namche on the 5th day.
The Everest base camp trek without Lukla flight trekking route continues from Namche to Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and Gorakshep as the final resting place for the EBC trek. You will acclimatize in Dingboche for protecting your body against altitude sickness. After reaching Gorekshep you will keep your bags there and reach Everest base camp. Next morning you will climb Kalapather and return to Phiriche. From Phiriche we will trek down to Namche, Surke, Thandanda and Drive back to Salleri. We will reach Kathmandu on 16th day.
The Advantage of Everest base camp trek without Lukla flight
- No problem of flight delay and bad weather. In road way we can reach to Lukla even in foggy weather and clouds.
- You don’t have to stay long in Lukla and Kathmandu due to cancellation of flight.
- Less chance of altitude sickness because the trek starts from low elevation (Thandhanda, 1216m) and you will be acclimatized until reaching Namche.
The disadvantage of EBC Trek without taking Lukla Flight
- You need to trek an additional 4 to 5 Days to reach the Bus station
- 12 Hours’ drive from Kathmandu to Sallari and off road Drive to Thamdanda which takes around 3-4 Hours.
Everest Base Camp Trek without Lukla flight itinerary
|Day 1:||Arrival in Kathmandu||4,390ft/1338 m|
|Day 2:||8 hours drive to Salleri||7,578ft/2309 m|
|Day 3:||6 hours drive to Thamdada||7,631.23ft/2326m|
|Day 4:||6 hours trek to Phading||9,156ft/2791m|
|Day 5:||7 hours trek from Phakding to Namche||11,286ft/3440m|
|Day6:||Rest day in Namche||11,286ft/3440m|
|Day 7:||6 hours trek from Namche to Tangboche||12,566.4ft/3860m|
|Day 8:||7,8 hours trek fromTangboche to Dingboche||14468ft/4410m|
|Day 9:||Rest day in Dingboche||14468ft/4410m|
|Day 10:||5,6 hours trek from Dingboche to Lobuche||16.210ft/4940m|
|Day 11:||6 hour trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep – Everest base camp (5364m)||16942ft/5164m|
|Day 12:||7 hours trek from Gorekshep to Pheriche||14,340ft/4371m|
|Day 13:||8 hours trek from Pheriche to Namche||11,286ft/3440m|
|Day 14:||6/7 hours trek to Surke||7,575.46/2309m|
|Day 15:||5 hours trek to Thamdanda (7,631.23ft/2326m) and drive to Salleri||7,578ft/2309 m|
|Day 16:||8 hours’ Drive to Kathmandu||4,390ft/1338 m|
|Day 17:||Rest day in Kathmandu|
- Natural View During Driving to Salleri
- Beautiful Sherpa Town: Namche, Khumjung, Pangbuche
- Two Old Monastery in Khumjung and Tengboche
- Sagarmatha National park
- Beautiful Mountain Views including Mount Everest, Lhotse
- Khumbu Glacier, Kalapather & Everest Base Camp